For the design and manufacture of the balloon ESSENTIAL iVascular uses its own coating technology called TRANSFERTECH.
TRANSFERTECH is a multidrop nanotechnology that allows you to obtain very fine monodiameter drops.
The result is a multilayer coating with excellent mechanical properties:
- Increases adhesion to the balloon: Reduces handling losses
- Improves durability: Reduces losses during navigation
This technology provides ultra-thin coatings with:
- Homogeneous distribution of the drug
- The same dose throughout its length
- Uniformity of drug loading 2.5 – 3.5 μg/mm2
The advantages of using this technology are:
- Low profiles: minimises losses during the navigation stage
- Slight solubilisation of the coating until reaching the 'gel effect' avoiding: Particle release and delamination
- Microcrystalline structure of the Paclitaxel:
- Rapid absorption and transfer of the drug to the arterial wall
- High retention of drug with respect to time
- The design of the catheter gives it excellent pushing ability and crossing capacity. Balanced transition of force. Anti-kinking.
- Polymer tungsten radiopaque markers for greater tip flexibility. Exceptional reach capacity.
- Durable hydrophilic coating (Hydrax) which ensures sustainable performance and control throughout the procedure.
- Exceptional ability to cross the lesion due to its tip profile.